Ingredients (serves 4)
- 350g dried penne pasta
- 300ml light cream
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups skinless shredded roast chicken (see related recipe)
- 1/2 cup drained sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Thinly sliced green onions and crusty bread, to serve
Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup liquid.
Return pasta to pan over medium-low heat. Add reserved liquid, cream, pesto, onion, chicken and tomato. Stir to combine. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
Divide between bowls. Top with parmesan and onion. Serve with bread.
- 1 cup (260g) crunchy peanut butter(although smooth still works)
- 1 cup (200g) brown sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (185g) dark choc bits
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease two baking trays and line with non-stick baking paper. Combine peanut butter, sugar, bicarbonate of soda and egg in a bowl. Stir in choc bits.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of the mixture into balls and place on the prepared tray. Press lightly with a fork. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until light golden. Leave to cool on the trays then place into an airtight container.
What You Need:
*1 lb boneless skinless chicken tenders cut into pieces
*1 tsp garlic
*1/2 red bell pepper
*1/4 cup rice flour
*1/2 cup honey
*3 Tbsp gfree soy sauce
*3 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
*4 Tbsp sugar
*cornstarch mixture: 1/4 cup cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup water
1) Coat the chicken with the flour and season with the salt and pepper. Heat some olive oil in a wok or skillet and cook chicken until browned. Add the red pepper strips into the wok with the garlic and cook for about 5 minutes or until tender.
2) Make the sauce: mix the honey, soy sauce, sugar, rice wine, and cornstarch mixture together and add to the wok. The sauce gets pretty thick and sticky pretty fast. Cook until chicken gets crispy and and all ingredients are well coated. Serve over a bed of steamed rice.
- 180 grams softened butter
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 125ml condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free self raising flour – I used Orgran
- 170 grams chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Beat butter and sugar together until light and creamy
- Add condensed milk, mix well
- Add flour and mix
- Add choc chips and mix
- Spoon 2 teaspoon of mixture to baking paper lined trays, flatten slightly
- Cook 15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Cool on trays
Sausage Roll Pastry
- 450g warm cooked mashed potato
- 1 1/4 cups rice flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free cornflour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100g butter or Nuttelex spread, chopped
- 1 egg
Place mashed potato, rice flour, cornflour, salt and butter or spread in a large bowl. Add egg. Using a flat-bladed knife, stir until dough forms.
Dust work surface with cornflour. Knead dough for 3 minutes or until smooth. Wrap dough in baking paper. Set aside for 30 minutes to rest.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 quantity Sausage roll pastry (see recipe above)
- 150g pork mince
- 150g chicken mince
- 150g lamb mince
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
- gluten-free tomato sauce, to serve
Make pastry Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
Combine minces, 1 egg, tomato paste, chilli sauce, mustard, parsley and coriander in a bowl.
Dust a 40cm-long piece baking paper with cornflour. Place pastry on baking paper. Roll out to a 1cm-thick, 22cm x 30cm rectangle. Cut pastry into three, 10cm-wide strips. Shape one-third mince mixture into a 22cm-long sausage. Place along 1 long side of pastry strip. Roll pastry up to enclose. Transfer to prepared tray. Repeat twice with remaining pastry strips and mince mixture.
Whisk remaining egg in a bowl. Brush rolls with egg. Prick each roll three times. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Cut each roll into quarters. Serve with tomato sauce.
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free plain flour (see note)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raspberry jam
Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease 2 baking trays. Line with baking paper.
Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add flour. Beat to combine.
Roll 1 level tablespoon of mixture into a ball. Repeat with remaining mixture to make 18 balls. Place balls, 4cm apart, on trays. Using the palm of your hand, flatten each ball slightly. Shape edges to remove any cracks.
Make an indentation in the centre of each biscuit (see note). Fill each indentation with 1/4 teaspoon jam.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, swapping trays halfway, or until light golden. Cool biscuits on trays for 15 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Serve.
You can find gluten-free flour in the health food section of the supermarket. Storage tip: Keep biscuits in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Biscuit technique: To make indentations in biscuits, dip the end of a wooden spoon handle in flour, shaking off excess. Gently press tip in the middle of each biscuit, being careful not to push all the way through. Fill indentations with jam.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons extra-light olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 orange, juiced
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 450g orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 450g desiree potatoes, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 100g baby spinach leaves
Preheat oven to 240°C. Combine 1 tablespoon of oil, honey, mustard and 2 to 3 tablespoons of orange juice in a large baking dish. Add chicken and turn to coat.
Combine remaining oil, sweet potatoes and potatoes in a large, non-stick roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper. Toss until well combined.
Place potatoes on top shelf of oven. Roast, turning occasionally, for 20 minutes. Place chicken on lower shelf of oven. Roast, basting occasionally, for 20 minutes.
Swap pans around in oven. Roast potatoes and chicken for a further 20 minutes or until potatoes are golden and tender and chicken is cooked through.
Divide the potatoes and spinach between serving plates. Top each with 2 of the remaining drumsticks. Serve.
Gluten Free Quiche with homemade Pastry Recipe
- 250 grams cream cheese, softened
- 225 grams butter, softened
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup potato flour
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- Combine cream cheese and butter in a bowl. Stir until smooth. Add flours and xanthan gum, mix well. Chill 30 minutes.
- Place strips on baking paper at bottom of muffin trays and spray with oil. Roll out the chilled pastry and cut into rounds for the muffin tray. Line the muffin cases, fill with desired filling and bake.
Ingredients for 6 cases
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- cubed roasted pumpkin
- feta cheese, cumbled
- sundried tomatoes sliced
- Mix together and pour into the cases
- Bake for 20 mins or until set.
Gluten Free: Mexican Layered Dip
You will need:
- glass bowl (to display the layered affect)
- can re-fried beans – I use El de Paso low fat one
- 2 – 3 avocado’s
- splash lemon juice
- 125ml light sour cream
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise – watch mayo, different brands have gluten in them
- tsp paprika
- small onion, diced
- 2 – 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup grated cheese
- natural corn chips – I use Doritos or Thomas Chipman
- Bottom Layer – open can re-fried beans and spread in bottom of the glass dish
- Next Layer – Mash avocado and little lemon juice and spread on top of beans
- Next Layer – Mix sour cream, mayo and paprika together and spread on top of avocado
- Next Layer – Diced Onions
- Next Layer – Diced Tomatoes
- Top Layer – Grated Cheese
- Serve with corn chips or rice crackers
Gluten Free Pizza Base
Makes 1 pizza
Ingredients (serves 6)
7g sachet dry yeast
1 teaspoon caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups gluten free plain flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
Combine 3/4 cup warm water, yeast, sugar and salt in a jug. Whisk with a fork to dissolve. Cover with plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 5 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface.
Sift flour into a bowl. Add yeast mixture and oil. Mix to form a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 10 minutes or until elastic. Place in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Stand in a warm place for 25 to 30 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
Use your fist to punch dough down. Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
- 500g fish fillets
- Olive oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 ripe Avocado
- Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Cider Vinegar
- Thinly slice cabbage. Put in a bowl and sprinkle with cider vinegar and salt. Toss to combine.
- Peel avocado and remove seed, dice and reserve for later.
- Soak the fish fillers in cold water for at least one minute. Pat dry with paper towel. Heat a large non-stick pan to medium high heat. Add a couple of teaspoons of olive oil to the pan.
- Place fish in pan. Cooking time depends on the thickness of the fillets. Fish should be still barely translucent when cooked. Try not to over cook the fish. Remove from pan when done to a separate plate. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- To soften and heat tortillas, sprinkle with water and mircowave for 20-25 seconds each of high heat, between a paper towel.
- Place the plates of tortillas, fish, salsa, cabbage and avocado on the table and let everyone assemble their own.
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 spanish onion, finely chopped
- 1 small chilli minced
- 1 small cucumber, roughly diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander lea
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in bowl. Season to taste.
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 spanish onion chopped
- 1 chilli finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of cumin
- salt and pepper
- 375g gluten free fettuccine (or whatever you can find)
- 100g gluten free bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- 200ml thickened cream
- Shaved parmesan, extra, to serve
- Cook the gluten free pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium frying pan over high heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until just crisp. Remove from heat.
- Whisk the eggs, parmesan and cream in a medium bowl until well combined
- Season with salt and pepper.Return the hot pasta to the pan. Add the bacon and pour over the egg mixture.
- Gently toss until just combined (the heat of the pasta should cook the eggs; do not overcook).Divide evenly among serving bowls.
- Top with shaved parmesan and serve immediately.
- 1 tbs Olive oil
- 1 large Onion (diced)
- 3-4 cups Chicken, chopped or BBQ chicken, shredded
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 3-4 cups Chicken Stock (preferably home made)
- 1/4 cup White wine, dry
- 2 cups Baby spinach leaves, washed
- 1/2 cup Sun dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick saucepan. Add the onion and raw chicken (if using) and cook for 3-5 minutes until the chicken is browned and the onion has softened.
- Add the rice and toss to coat, cook for a further minute
- Add the shredded cooked chicken now (if using) together with the chicken stock and wine. Mix well. Cover and simmer very gently for 25 minutes. Consume the rest of the white wine in a nice & large, chilled glass…oh, now don’t forget to stir often (i.e. when you get a top up), until the rice is soft to the bite and all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in spinach, sun dried tomatoes and parmesan cheese. Allow to stand for 2 minutes. Serve garnished with extra grated parmesan and lots of black pepper.
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried origano
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup Kraft 3 cheese mix
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water, or to form a soft dough.
- Heat oven at 180 degrees Celsius. Prepare Pizza tray (preferably with perferations) Make pizza base: dissolve yeast in warm water, add to flour to form a soft dough. Leave to proof.
- Scrub and slice thinly sweet potato. Arrange on a plate, cover with plastic film, and microwave on ‘Root Vegetable’ setting (do not over cook)
- Lightly toast pine nuts on a tray in the warm oven. Only needs a few minutes. Do not allow to burn.
- Roll dough thinly in a round shape and place onto pizza tray. Spread tomato paste onto base and sprinkle oregano lightly
- Neatly arrange sweet potato onto base, sprinkle on the pine nuts and lightly add the cheese.
- Bake in moderately hot oven until base is slightly browned and cheese is golden. May be served hot or cold. If cold, Wait until pizza is cold, then cut and refrigerate.
- 100g butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free plain flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate bits
- Preheat over to 180 degrees celcius. Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Using a fork, whisk butter with egg and vanilla extract until combined
- Combine gluten free flour, sugar and choc bits in a large mixing bowl.
- Add butter mixture and mix well.
- Using hands, knead dough lightly in bowl to combine
- Press mixture, 1 tbsp at a time, into balls. Place on tray and press down slightly.
- Make sure you leave room for spreading.
- Cook 12-15 mins until golden.
- Cool slightly.